In this article, we will talk accurately about Supply Chain Management. As an important field for a long time and nowadays particularly with business growth around the world which made more competitions between the similar businesses.
- What is Supply Chain Management Definition?
- What is Business Strategy?
- Business strategies factors.
- How “SCM” Supply Chain Management Works?
- components of supply chain management system.
- How to take the advantage of the facilities which “SCM” Strategies give?
What is Supply Chain Management Definition?
Supply Chain Management is defined as the handling of the entire production flow of goods and services that includes all processes which transform raw components into final products to the consumers. It focuses on gaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace by its involvement in the active streamlining of a business’s supply-side activities to maximize customer value.
What is Business Strategy?
Putting strategies in supply chain field will outline the mechanism which determine it these following questions:
- how to grow the business?
- how to distinguish the business from the competition and outperform them?
- how to achieve superior levels of financial and market performance?
- how to create or maintain a sustainable competitive edge?
Business strategies factors
Business strategies depend on some factors including least cost, differentiation, and focus. So we can say this strategy is strong and detailed strategy if it kept the following elements in consider: –
- the Least cost which relates to a lower cost than the competition for an otherwise Similar product or service.
- Differentiation of the product or service you produce with more features, options, or models than the competition.
- Focusing on the purpose of each product or service and what it designed for? IS it for a broad audience or a well-defined market segment or segments?
How “SCM” Supply Chain Management Works?
The role of suppliers in developing supply chains have the most importance in Supply Chain Management through their effort to make sure that supply chains is efficient and economical at the same time. SCM cover everything from production phase to product development to the needed information systems then to direct these pledges.
Supply chain management integrate the supply and the demand management, within the both of organization, and various members and channels to work together efficiently and most effectively.
components of supply chain management system.
The planning phase comes to meet customer demands by supply chain managers who have to plan ahead. By guessing these demands, designing the supply chain intentionally, and focusing on how the organization will measure the supply chain to ensure it is performing well and efficiency, delivering value for customers and helping to achieve the goals of the organization.
Goods, Raw materials, or Services which provided by suppliers to create the product is the important elements in this process.
This phase not include creating the contracts that govern the suppliers only, but also managing and monitoring existing relationships.
The mission of supply chain managers also is to supervise on some processes like ordering process, receiving process, managing inventory process in addition to authorizing invoice payments.
Managers in Supply chain need to help in coordinating all the steps involved in creating the product itself.
By reviewing raw materials, manufacturing the product, presenting the service, quality testing and packaging.
By Ensuring that customers receive the product or service and ensuring that is achieved through logistics which guarantee fundamental to supply chain success.
Professional managers also need to develop a network that supports returning products.
It is not excluded that this may include scrapping or re-producing a defective product. So we can say this network needs to be responsible and flexible to support customer needs.
How to take the advantage of the facilities which “SCM” Strategies give?
If you want to learn more deeply and to expand your experience that will benefit your own business and to be more qualified by getting a certificate in supply chain management. Optimus offers you its program in supply chain management which is ideal for those who seek for a simple and efficient way to enhance their key leadership skills. It focusses on managerial behaviors.
This program also designed for all Supply Chain Employees who hold or seeking for managerial position and wants to transform his relationship with his team, Ready to stand out as a top leader in their industry.
The program consists of 2 modules + graduation project to be discussed with the Instructor.
Module 1: Supply Chain Management
In this Module The learner will:
- Evaluate the concepts and principles of operations and supply chain management.
- Critically discuss the key drivers of effective supply chain management.
- Assess how effective operations and supply chain management can enhance competitiveness.
- Critically evaluate key decisions made by businesses to improve their supply chain and operations.
- Critically review the application of different strategic approaches to supply chain and operations management in organizations.
- Assess the relevance of performance measurement within supply chain and operations management.
- Evaluate various financial, non-financial, single and multi-factor performance measures applicable to organizations.
- Evaluate the selection and application of key performance indicators for effective supply chain and operations management.
- Explain how intra and inter-organizational benchmarking can help organizations improve their supply chain and operations management efficiency.
Module 2: Logistics
And in that one The learner will:
- Understand how knowledge and skills in leadership and strategic management support the creation and achievement of organizational vision and strategy.
- Understand how to develop and communicate organizational vision.
- Be able to manage development of own personal knowledge and skills in leadership and strategic management to support achievement of personal and organizational vision and strategy.
- Be able to reflect on the benefits of personal development in the achievement of personal growth and organizational vision and strategy.
Don’t be hesitate. Get your certificate in SCM from Optimus accredited from ATHE & QUALIFI within just 48 training hours. And make a big change in your business and career.
To know more about SCM program and all Optimus courses. Visit our website
or message us on Facebook page